Pages

.


Hi there everybody! I’m very honored to be invited as a guest author here on „luloveshandmade“ today. I normally post over at “Fee ist mein Name” which means “Fee is my name” and that’s true, because… well… Fee is my name ! I brought with me a little DIY combined with a yummy recipe: Nonalcoholic punch jelly. I made these glasses as little presents for my family and friends and everybody loved them. They can even be used for storage when the jelly is all gone. So, here we go…

First, I did the crafting part. I took a bunch of little jam glasses and spray painted the lids gold. Take care that your spray paint is suitable for metal undergrounds. I let mine dry for about 24 hours before taking the next step: Gluing some decoration onto them. I chose cinnamon sticks, dried orange slices and star anise. First, I tried hot glue, but it dissolved the spray paint, so I switched to universal adhesive, which worked out fine. Let the lids dry for another 24 hours before using them.

For the jelly you need: 1 litre red grape juice, ½ litre apple juice, 1 big orange, 2 cinnamon sticks, 6 cloves and 1kg jam sugar 2:1. Take a big pot and pour the juice in. Squash the orange und pour its juice into the pot as well. I use a tea filter to pour it through, to make sure that no pieces of fruit make it into the pot. Then take a second tea filter, put the cinnamon and the gloves in it, close it with a piece of thread and put it inside of the juice. Bring to boil and let it simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove the spices and let the punch cool down. Afterwards add the jam sugar, bring to boil again (with constant stirring) and let cook at a rapid boil for one minute. If you wanna test if it’s gelatinizing properly, take a cold plate and put a few drops of your jelly on it. Hold the plate upright and if the jelly starts thickening fast and sticks to the plate you can pour it from the pot into your prepared jam glasses. Close the lids quickly, but be careful not to damage your decoration. The jelly should be cold and ready for consumption after a few hours.

A similar recipe was my first attempt of making jelly (or jam) a few years ago, when I had just moved out from home. So if you never made some before as well: Try it. It’s so easy !

Thanks Lu for having me today and everbody else: Have fun cooking and crafting!

***

Dear Fee, thanks for sharing this pretty idea! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment